Sunday, October 30, 2011

Reba Freakin' McEntire and Halloween!

Oh. My. Goodness. I was totally lucky enough to see one of my favorite country stars in concert. Reba McEntire. I grew up with her music. Like, literally. My dad is totally into the older country music, and every car trip insured Reba McEntire. And I got to see her.... live... anyone jealous? because you totally should be...

The Band Perry opened. Although their first number one hit isn't my favorite, they sounded extremely good live. Better than they do on the radio...



And then Reba came onto stage.... Yeah, totally lost my voice that night...

D got us great tickets!!!!


One of the highlights? The girl from the Band Perry came out and sang 'does he love you?' with Reba. I was in heaven...

'Oh my goodness... it's Reba. Freakin'. McEntire....



She sang all of her old songs. And I still remember the words to most of them. I loved it! The only song we didn't hear was 'Fancy'. But then...




She came back on stage for her encore in the red fancy dress!!!! It was amazing! I love that song...



It was such an awesome concert. I loved every minute of it. I never realized that I could see such great country artists up here in the great state of Montana. In a few weeks I'm going to see Dierks Bentley, Jarrod Neiman, and The Eli Young Band! Soooo pumped! And I just found out that Blake Shelton is making a short stop here in January! Definitely going to look into buying tickets for that!


As most of you know, this past weekend was Halloween. The past couple of years, I've been lazy and have just gone with my back up 80's costume. This year, however, I was inspired. My friend D was making a dinosaur costume from scratch, so I figured I could do something like that. I've always wanted to try making a poodle skirt. So I did. And it totally looked cute! It wasn't as good as the many my grandmother made, but it worked for the weekend, and now I have a new back up costume if I ever need one!

My Halloween celebration started on Friday, when I went downtown with my friend A after our Oula class (Oula is an aerobics class. It's really hip-hoppy, and a lot of fun and a great workout!). We went to a newly re-opened bar (the first, as I understand it, was kinda blown up a few years ago) and just danced the night away! This night, she dressed as a very cute lady bug.

Our drinks matched her costume! haha...


Just goofin' off holding our drinks...


We met quite a few people that night, including:
a lion tamer (we were being 'gangsta'. in montana. yeah, didn't really pull it off...)

And a few other costumes we didn't get pictures with (we were too busy dancing!)



The next night, we went back downtown . I stayed in my awesome 50's costume, but A went with her 80's aerobic instructor costume. Again, we danced and danced! So fun!


We met up with D and A. D totally pulled off her dinosaur costume.

D (dinosaur), A (gypsy, although the band kept calling her Jasmine...?), and A (80's aerobics instructor).

And as an 80's aerobics instructor, A totally worked out. She somehow found not just one, but 4 different shake the weights. Then she partied it up with the DJ...




Again, such as great night! And it's a good thing I partied it up over the weekend, because on actual Halloween I got sick! Boo. So now I'm trying to get over a cold and just working in lab. Thanksgiving is just around the corner, and then it's Christmas!!!

-amyg

1 comment:

  1. So fun!! You did a great job on your poodle skirt!!(And you look totally cute... LOVE the glasses!)

    I'm super jealous of all the concerts you're going to! I love all of the bands you've seen/going to see! :)

    ReplyDelete