Sunday, October 27, 2013

KT Came to Visit!

A few weeks ago, another friend of mine took time out of her busy schedule to come visit me! I've known KT since she moved to town, but we really became best buds in 7th or 8th grade. She lives on the Texas coast working at the Texas Maritime Museum. She has a FABULOUS house down there that I was lucky enough to get the chance to see this past New Years. Even though I live so far away, I love that I can still keep contact with my friends from the south.

First thing we did was head to the Museum of the Rockies and check out the dinosaurs. 







 We also did one thing I've always wanted to do in Bozeman... We hiked to the 'M'! Now, there's something you need to know about this trail... there are multiple ways to get up and down. There's the steep way and the easy way. We ended up going up the steep way. It. Was. Hard. 500 feet strait up. And it really was straight up. But we made it!!!!





Somehow, on the way down, we decided to go what we thought was the easy way. It was not. It was the 'intermediate' way. All I know is somehow, we ended up rock climbing....


Also, I just found out, there's a black bear that lives at the bottom of this trail. While it would have been cool to see, I'm a little glad we missed running into him....

We, of course, went to Yellowstone National Park... twice! It was nice and dreary both times but we still had a great time.















One day, we ended up driving up to the top of a mountain to eat lunch. It was cold!!! But it was pretty and a lot of fun. 

 








And of course, we saw the usual bison causing a backup in the roadway. 

So glad she came to visit!

-amyg






No comments:

Post a Comment