Friday, January 6, 2017

2016!

Hey all!

Wow, it's been awhile since I've been on here. So I decided on a photo dump! 

These will be out of order, but at least they're on here?

First off, my sister got married!




As maid of honor, I got to go dress shopping!
 



 I planned the Bachelorette party! We went to Denver and played!
College besties

The whole crew

Before our night out selfie

so excited!

Hopefully, she had a blast!




We had a lot of fun showers!





There was a cute flower girl.

My puppy loved the flower girl and her brother. And they loved her back!




The wedding and reception were beautiful!











Right after the wedding, I went on cruise with some high school friends. 

A friend picked me up from the airport in Houston and we spent time before the cruise hanging out at Moody Gardens.







 Don't judge us if we found a coloring station.

Most of our crew!


It was nice to get some sun!

 I graduated high school with these peeps! I considered this our... well, I won't say the number.... reunion!






One day, we split off from our friend to find a beach and swim. It was quite the adventure, but worth it!

We went to a 'Suessical' breakfast. Probably the oldest people there, but it was fun regardless!



 

We had a fabulous time, as you can tell by the sleepy faces while we waiting to get off the boat. 


In May, I attended the annual Immunology conference in Seattle. I loved the city!

We went a few days early to explore. We went to the top of the Space Needle.




We went to the aquarium.  




We had a small mishap... She dropped her glasses into the tank when she leaned over. The sea anenome decided to eat them! They had to yank the glasses away, and it got angry and closed up!

We took a ferry to one of the islands for some shopping.

I found the perfect wall sign



We went to Pike Place Market.
I feel in love with the flowers and the little crepe shop around the corner, cooked by good-looking French guys...

Apparently in the bars, if you tell them you're cold and turn the heater on, they'll give you a blanket instead!

Our two graduate students gave their first AAI conference talks!

I found my Montana crew! I miss them so much!







 I guess the biggest news is this guy. We started dating! And we've been having so much fun!



Yes, I went to a baseball game....



We went to a friends wedding in DFW






I love his pups!

 So cute! 




 He bought me a plant at a Farmers Market

I made him carve a pumpkin with me. Small dog didn't like it. 

But it turned out great!



 We love our diners!


We flew to a couple of weddings this summer and fall

First, Montana! We explored Yellowstone.



 Met with friends at one of my favorite breweries

He found out about the three beer limit in breweries...


 The wedding we went to was awesome, except it rained on us! We had fun anyway.



We also traveled to New York! We stayed with some friends before driving up into the mountains. The wedding was gorgeous!





Found my old boss and his wife!

Their reception continued the next day, but we decided to hike a little before.




At the party, we played on the swingset and enjoyed the views!


On the flight back, we played our favorite games. 



Earlier in the fall, we went to a Lantern Festival with another friend. It was exactly like the scene in Tangled! One of the coolest things I've ever seen. 



We even stood in line for 2 hours to get our faces painted!



Before the lanterns were lit, we had smores over the fire pit, decorated our lanterns, and listened to a live band. 


It was difficult to light them, but once they caught, it was so awesome!







Other than that, OKC has been fun!

My sis came up to hang and see one of our favorite bands. 

Although the view wasn't so awesome when some girl decided to stand right in front of us. 

I ended up moving to a new place (oh! the drama!) but this one actually has a tornado shelter. Which I will never use. That thing is too creepy. 


Everyone came up to help me celebrate my birthday!

I've had fun goofing off in lab with black lights and face shields. 

We moved to a new lab space, that actually has windows!

My cousin got married, so it was nice to see the family. 




I've gotten in a lot of coloring time. 


My family came up and we visited the Cowboy Museum and the memorial.



I participated in Wacky Games again this year, and we won a medal!


I keep finding bobby pins in weird places...

I had fun with the joke of an election. 

And all in all, I think we're doing great!
 Cabela came up to visit us, and I couldn't really tell them apart!

 The pup loves her naps




We've gotten in plenty of dog part time


Our dogs get along great!




With that, you guys, I'm ending a long overdue post! 

-amyg


No comments:

Post a Comment