Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snow, Snow, Snow, and Experiments...

So, here in Fort Worth, we are getting real, actual snow. I'm just as surprised as anyone else. Yesterday the weather forecast said we would, but, especially after asking my friends, I didn't believe we would really get any snow. Boy, was I wrong! However, school was not canceled for me. I had class at 10am this morning. Surprisingly enough, my instructor ( the dean of my apartment, wow) got a call in the middle of class saying that the school would shut down at noon. Well, lucky me, my class ended at noon. Lucky me. And then it took me FOREVER to drive back to my apartment, because nobody would go above thirty! Yes, it makes sense, but for someone like me, who usually goes fifty (as does the rest of the cars I usually travel with) going thirty was not my idea of fun. And then I found out that tonight it is supposed to freeze major, so they are anticipating shutting down the school tomorrow. Umm... I have a MAJOR experiment planned for tomorrow! My mice are infected, I cannot wait a day or three. It HAS to be done tomorrow. So, not only do I get to brave the icy roads tomorrow, so does Tim (my lab mate) or Rance (my PI, or primary investigator, or BOSS) to help me. Great... just what I was looking forward too... Hopefully, the experiment won't take too long, and I can get the data I need quickly, so nobody has to stay longer than expected. Hopefully.

Until then, I plan on enjoying my new show, Leverage, which is super awesome, until I plan on an early night. And this weekend, I plan on hanging out with close friends, especially since I don't have my own Valentine's. However, I expect that all my friends and comrades who do have one, they better enjoy it, majorly! And that's an order!

;p

-amyg

1 comment:

  1. So I got your card today! I loved it! You have gorgeous handwriting, by the way. I'm so jealous about the snow. All we're getting is major rain!! Alan and I went to Home Depot to get some paint samples tonight and actually witnessed a wreck. Talk about scary! Hope your day is good and quick tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete