Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Word is Officially Out...

So, I guess the word is officially out: I got accepted into the PhD program at Montana State University. When I posted it on facebook, I did not expect to get so many comments! When I originally found out that I got in, I didn't tell anyone except my parents. I had a test the next day and was a little shocked about really getting in. I'm still not sure if I will go, but it's looking better and better. But moving all the way up north? That's probably what scares me the most. Cold winters, no wide open spaces, not knowing ANYONE (well, other than my parents fly-fishing guide and his family, but I've never officially met him). But it's an adventure, and at this time of my life, I'm in the perfect position for one. Anyway, no decision will be made until I go see the school, which I'm hoping will be done soon. My dad is going to fly up there with me, since Bozeman is one of his favorite places. I'm so nervous, and excited, and scared, and ready!

The kitten is getting into trouble a lot lately... If he's not rubbing up against my new, black sweater and leaving white hair on it, he's knocking everything off my cabinets in my teeny tiny kitchen. And in the mornings? If I'm not up when he is, he will either sit on my chest and purr (and he purrs LOUD), poke at my face with his paws, or lay on my pillow wrapped around my head and purr and breathe on my face. Kitten, it's Saturday morning, meaning I can sleep in! grrr.... But he's so cute when he does it, I can't help but love him more, even if I end up a little sleep deprived.


Chillin' out on his usually spot on my bed.


Okay, enough procrastinating. I have a ton of things to do today. Go to lab and check that my experiment went well, work on the graphs and figure legends for my thesis, work on actually writing my thesis, and clean. I usually keep my apartment semi-picked up, but with people coming over to my place next weekend, I want it to be spotless. Ha! Like that'll actually happen. Worth a shot, though.

Everyone enjoy this beautiful Sunday, and I'm off to get work done!

-amyg

No comments:

Post a Comment