Monday, June 14, 2010

My new place....

So, my mother and I flew up to Bozeman, Montana this past weekend, in order to find a place for me to live. Now, this is only the second time I have been up here. The first, was when my dad flew up with me so I could see/interview the graduate school program I entered into. We did a few things around town, but nothing much. That was different than the weekend I just had. I knew I needed a place to live, other than the graduate school housing that was available (they don't allow pets, and were a little, uh, not to my taste). So, I let my mother (mainly because I was lazy, but a lot because she wanted to know) look up places I could live. She really wanted me to live in this apartment complex right across the street from where I would be working. But, she made the mistake of letting me look at a condo first. After that condo, this apartment was SO not what I wanted. For both her tastes and mine. I think I had a better place IN COLLEGE! The conditions of finding a place were that I had to have a two bedroom, so she (and the rest of my family... and friends...) could have a place to stay. The one place she wanted for me, and the other place I like from the outside, were TOTALLY not worth it! But we finally found a place we both agreed on. I will be renting this condo for a year. It's a little skinny (meaning it is not as wide, but the only place you notice it is the living room), but totally worth it. Actually, after looking at almost every available apartment there is (for two bedrooms), this was the cheapest that had the most. And she made me look at the SCARIEST apartments known to man! You know in movies, in the tacky apartments where someone gets shot and killed? Well, I saw those. Twice. WAY creepy!!!!

So my new condo goes as followed: there are 3 floors. The first is basically a garage. From the garage, there is a door to an entry room. In this entry room, there is also a door to the outside that doesn't include the garage. And the best part? Someone snow plows (weird that I have to deal with snow on a daily basis) the street and my driveway. Yay! From this entry way, there are stairs to the second floor. On this floor includes a (BIG and AMAZING) kitchen (which makes me REALLY want to cook, NOW), with a small dining area and a half bath (meaning only a toilet) that connects to this. Also on the second floor is the living room. It is a little on the skinny side, but I am pretty sure I can fit my couch, coffee table, and TV stand. Then there are stairs to the third floor. On this floor there are two bedrooms, with a full bath. And the views from all the windows are fantastic! Mountains on both sides! On the second floor, I will be sharing a balcony with the person next to me. That's a little strange, but I don't want to say much until I meet this person. I hope we become good friends! Cross your fingers!!!!

It's a littler further away from school than my mother wanted, but honestly, this is the best (and cheapest, for what I'm getting) place for me. I LOVE it!!!!!! I can't wait to move!!!!

As for the rest of my summer: I will be spending the rest of June in Spain. A mother/daughter/daughter trip. I can't wait! I think I have everything packed for it! The only thing about this trip is the fact I have to leave my baby kitten (okay, he might be a cat now...) behind. My dad will be taking care of him. He seems to get along well with the dogs (especially Cabela; he puts her in her place. Meaning he beats up on her, even though she has to be 10 times heavier). I hope he does okay without me for two weeks! I will miss him TONS!!!!!

And after this June trip? Well, I need to pack and get ready and decide when to move. But I would like to see all my friends before I leave Texas. What I really want, though I know it won't happen (hey! a girl can wish!), is a birthday, slash, going away party in DFW. That way I can see all my friends before I leave the state and go ALL THE WAY UP NORTH!!!! It's crazy far, though I expect EVERYONE to visit! I am tentatively planning a trip to the Houston area, where I can see some of my best friends: Jenny Letz and Diane Allen. I hope I can make this happen!And while in Montana this weekend, my mom and I drove to Yellowstone, where we saw two Grizzlies (one with cubs, though we didn't see them), elk, bison, deer, and big horn sheep. Whoever comes to visit me, we are definitely going down to Yellowstone, because it is awesome. I went as a child, when my parents used to take us to Wyoming, but it is still awesome!
So, I will end with a few pictures. Enjoy!!!

My new place! My condo (SO weird to say!) is the light brown place to the left of the white place. In this picture, from the left, you see the windows without the balconies, then the wooden balconies, then a white place, then a slight space, then a light-ish brown place. That place is mine. I almost asked for a place with balconies, then though about how much I used my balconies/patios the past couple of years. Yes, those were in the heat. But honestly, how much am I going to use a balcony in the snow? Umm... that sounds way cold, so probably not...



I made my mother stop at this sign before we entered the park. I remember doing it when I was younger, and my parents used to rotate which child they took to Wyoming to the annual meeting they had up here. Now I'm older, and able to appreciate the amazing opportunity that I have. If you are wondering why we are bundled up, it was because that, even though it is JUNE, it was very cold in the park!!!



The first grizzly. My mother said this is the closest she has ever been to one. And now I know why she didn't get out of the vehicle but encouraged me to.... She was on the safe side. However, I got this AWESOME picture!



The brown bear we saw right before we left the park. Again, I was the one out of the car, while she stayed safely inside...


-amyg

No comments:

Post a Comment