Sunday, October 31, 2010

Double Double, Toil and Trouble!

I love Halloween! First, it's my mom's birthday, which is always fun. Second, it's Halloween, duh! No one makes fun of you when you dress up. In fact, if you don't dress it, you're considered weird.

I have to admit, my first Halloween in Montana has been a lot more fun than I figured it would be. It really started a couple of weeks ago, when I went with my neighbor and her son to Rocky Creek Farms, where we got to feed goats and a lamb, watch pigs get dirty in the mud, watch chickens try to escape their coop, go on a hayride, avoid mud (btw - I totally fit in with my cowboy boots. so glad I have those!), and pick out amazing pumpkins. So much fun! And then we picked up a pizza and went back to carve them. Of course, while watching How to Train Your Dragon. Loooove that movie!



Picking out white pumpkins. Who knew they existed?




My super awesome pumpkin! The pattern was actually for a cake decoration, but it worked perfectly for my little pumpkin!



So for actual Halloween, I had so many places to go! Well, I guess it was the day before Halloween. Halloween parties on Sundays just aren't as much fun...

I broke out my old 80's costume from college. It still fit, amazingly enough! I did decide to find a sweatshirt from Target and cut that up. I figured I needed the extra warmth for a Halloween up here...



I started out the night going to my neighbors' sons' fall fest at his school. A bunch of games, prizes, and food. All the kids were so cute. A ton of people dressed as cowboys, though...






I then went to my friend's house. She worked in the lab I just rotated through. She's the one dressed as Lady Gaga. I was a little out of place, since most of the people at her house were families with small babies. But I wasn't there by myself for long. My friend Oliwia showed up. She had to work all day, so she wasn't able to dress up. But she still looked cute!





Of course, as soon as a Lady Gaga song came on, we all had to start dancing! So much fun!





We decided to take one more picture before Oliwia and I left for our next party. They felt bad that they were both wearing heels, so they shrunk down and let me be the tall one, for once!



I was going to meet up with some friends and ride with them to a party at this girl-who-is-in-my-class's house. It ended up that Oliwia was going there, also, so I ended up hitching a ride with her instead, and met up with the other girls there.


The party started out in the garage. Here we have a zebra, getting eaten by a lion, Wenda (Where's Waldo's girlfriend - isn't that such a cute idea!?!) Oliwia, who by this point was going as 'Lame', a professor, or a librarian. (It varied who she was talking to), and me, in my 80's costume.




We hung out at the house party for awhile. I wish I had taken some more pictures of the costumes. People are so creative!

Some of us at the party decided we wanted to go downtown, to a bar called Eagles. It's basically a bar, but in the back is a stage with a ton of room to dance. Now, when I went to Eagles a couple of weeks ago, there was a country western band playing, and a TON of people two-steppin' or triple steppin' out on the dance floor. Last night, however, was more rock music. It was a blast! Again, I wish I had taken more pictures!



When Michael Jackson's Thriller came on, Oliwia was pushed up to the stage to 'lead' everyone in the dance. So funny! I don't think she really knew all the steps, but she's such an amazing dancer, that it really didn't matter.


All in all, a really awesome Halloween. So much fun!

Today is actual Halloween. A little rainy, but hopefully that'll dry off before kids start trick or treating. I hope a lot of kids stop by! I don't want to keep this big bag of candy around. Too much temptation...

Hope everyone's Halloween was as awesome as mine this year!

-amyg

No comments:

Post a Comment