Sunday, September 5, 2010

How do I... survive the cold?!?



Hello all!

In Texas, it's an inside joke to all Texans that Texas weather is very unpredictable. The weather channel could predict rain and cool air, but it could be sunny and hot. Granted, they usually can give a good idea of what the weather will or won't be, but they aren't exactly accurate.

Well, here in Montana, it's the same thing. For example, last night. There was 10% change of rain. I woke up to a HUGE thunderstorm! And when I turned on the weather channel to see how long it would last, the radar didn't even show it on the screen! Umm... it's a wind storm with rain, lightening, and thunder outside, and the weather channel doesn't even show it? Crazy! And, also like Texas, Montana can't decide if it wants to get start getting colder, or stay warm.

But that's not the point of this post. The point of this particular post is that the weather is getting colder. Now, Texas does get cold, but not Montana cold. And snow! We don't really get that in Texas either.

So how do I survive the Montana cold? I think the weather is finally making up it's mind to get start getting colder. I don't even think I have a good enough coat for this kind of weather. Eek! I'm going to freeze!

And the snow? I asked some people at school about the snow, and they gave me the strangest looks. What?!? I really want to know about the snow! Like, when it snows, how much it snows, how long does it last, etc... They just think I'm crazy. Oh well, what else is new.

So anyway, if I stop posting, say, around February or something, it's because I'm frozen, and can't type anymore. If that happens, I hope someone will come up here and save me! Please and thank you in advanced!

-amyg


My new student ID! (and finally a decent picture on one of these things...)


My cat, the amazing bug catcher!


My Mimi and Aunt Julie came to visit me in Montana! And the cat LOVED both of them. Unfortunately, I only got this one picture...


When Mimi and Aunt Julie came to see me, they brought London a cute little bowl to drink water from. And now it's the only bowl he'll drink water from...


I am so lucky to be able to see something like this every night (well, when it's not cloudy) out of my window...

AAAANNNDDD, I just have to say one more thing before I leave...

Congrats to my friend Jenny! I can't wait to meet Baby Letz when s/he arrives in the new year! Yay!!!!







1 comment:

  1. So I've already tried to post and it wouldn't cooperate, so I'm hoping this time it actually works! :)

    Thanks so much for the well wishes! I can't wait to let you know if it's gonna be a girl or a boy! Only about a week until we find out! AND, you need to hurry up and get a new winter coat! Land's End normally has great coats and snow boots. I wish I could come up there this winter, but I know I'll get to see you at Thanksgiving and/or Christmas! Can't wait!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete